Tuesday, November 28, 2023

The Plan: 365 Days of Workouts

 I am on an improved health and wellness journey that has no endpoint. I have metabolic disorder, was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a couple years ago, therefore I have a low carbohydrate dietary intake. To date, I've lost over 80 pounds with about 60 to go, and by diet alone have takne myself out of the diabetic glucose range. 

I have done this all without consistent exercise. Yes, I walk, I lift weights, kettlebells, and do various forms of cardio, but it's not even close to being consistent, daily, or weekly.  I believe, based on my research, that the consistent exercise will improve everything--thus my consistency quest. Besides, our bodies were designed to move, so it's time to move it!

My intent (mostly) for this blog is to record my workouts, and how they affect my body, mind, and spirit.  My goal is to do 365 workouts in 365 days. The focus is weights, which I will do six days a week.  I will also do cardio and yoga.  The yoga focus will be restorative, to calm my nervous system, and stretch my body, and I will be doing Yin Yoga.

The plan is to build up, starting with six days per week of Joyce Vedral workouts and stretching. The seventh day will be a long yin yoga segment and light walking. 


The plan:

Weights:  6 days/week

    *    Joyce Vedral pyramids (DVDs or her books) daily, alternating upper and lower, 48 hours in between each 

        *    Joyce's books can be purchased new, used, and some Kindle on Amazon

 Core work:

    *    Kettlebell swings

    *    Concept 2 rower

    *    Planks

Cardio: 7 Days/week (light walking on "rest" days)

    *    Concept 2 Rower

    *    Bag work

    *    Treadmill

    *    Bellicon Rebounder

    *    Schwinn Airdyne 

    *    DVDs

        *    Step Aerobics, Anna Benson FIRM videos, other DVDs 

    *    Reps to the Rhythm Walking YouTube 

    *    Outdoor walking, weather permitting

Stretching:

    *    Yin Yoga by Devi Daly  on YouTube

    *    Other Restorative Yoga from YouTube

    *    Mimi Solaire Deep Stretch/Yin Yoga 

    *    Cathe Friedrich yoga, stretching DVDs 

    *    DVDs by Ellen Barrett 

Physical Therapy Exercises:

    *    I use The FIRM Lower Body Sculpting VHS (I do not have this on DVD, sadly) as my main physical therapy as it incorporates much of what my physical therapist had me do.  I do other exercises for my low back, hips, knees and feet. 


That's it.

Simple, right?  If only.  Making it a habit is the goal, and I've always loved to workout, I've just been in a freeze state so getting it going consistently is key.





No comments:

Post a Comment

August 6, 2024

 Two "workouts" today. And by workouts, I mean walks.  The first was one mile during the day. It was lovely, cool out, and the air...