Monday, December 4, 2023

Day 1 of 365

Day 1 of 365 Consistent Daily Workouts 

Mood:

Starting: Meh. Planned on doing my workout at 11, ended up starting at 1:42.  But hey, it got done. Cardio I did early this morning. It was light and easy and helped wake me up.  

After: I felt good.  I know I can do this and look forward to meeting my "365 days" goal.  It strengthened my resolve and commitment taking the first step.  

Thoughts:

I posted a three-week rotation yesterday, and I did not do that.  The first workout on that rotation is a dynamic tension workout, and I decided I'd rather do the pyramids for awhile.  I will definitely use the dynamic tension workout, but later on. 

 Cardio:

Reps to the Rhythm YouTube KC & the Sunshine Band, and then a Queen walk.  I like the music and the fact he does not talk. I ended up subscribing to his Patreon because I wanted to do the full half hour KC workout; only half of it is free in the clip below. It's $5 a month, so it's not going to break the bank too much even though I have to be careful with what I spend. $5 here and there adds up! 

Does my age show with these music selections? 🤣





Did some mild stretching on my own after. 

Weights:

Joyce Vedral Weight Training Made Easy upper body and it had ab and hips/thighs work, too.


I love this pyramid workout, but it does go super fast.  I forgot to slow my DVD player down to .75. That will help. The fast is moving from one set to another, not so much the lift speed. I did have everything set up so it's just a matter of remembering what comes next.  In the course of a year, that will definitely happen. 

I did not like using the same weights for shoulders and biceps. I can lift much, much heavier with biceps than shoulders.  So I'm thinking I'll just let this play, and do my own thing, swapping weights between body parts.  Then I can pause when she's done on the DVD, and finish what I'm doing.  When I'm done, I'll start the DVD again. That's the only part I will need to do that. 

The ab work was hit or miss. Some I can't do because of hip/low back pain. So I improvised, did crunches and bridges which I can do.  The hip, butt, thigh work was all exercises I can do.

I need to sit down and watch this last section and select ab sets that I can do.  I'm not taking a chance on hurting my back further; the goal is to heal, gain strength, and then expand. Not there yet!

I really like Joyce. I like her personality, I like her energy, and her vibe.  She's the perfect workout partner.  I'm looking forward to the next 364 days and having a one-way friend as a mentor.

Yin Yoga

I love Devi Daly's workouts.  Her voice is calming, and her workouts make me feel so good. Restorative yin yoga is the best for downregulating the nervous system, which helps persons with anxiety, trauma, stress, etc.  Yin yoga is also a great practice for the physical body (obviously!)--it's a win-win. I feel so much better physically when I do her videos, and it really helps alleviate the pain in my lower back and hips.

This was today's practice.  I like using the bolster, as it seems to help my lower body. The first time I did one of her videos, I couldn't do the Golden Gate.  It was so uncomfortable. I just kept at it, first using blanket instead of a bolster, and now I can use the bolster. It's so freeing, I just feel so opened and stretched.  It does not take long to improve! 


Starting out easy, with the goal of building up cardio along the way, increasing weights along the way, just being smart and not overdoing now even though I do have the desire for more. Slow and steady wins the race.


If I can do this, so can you. Let's do it together and crush it!





1 comment:

  1. I did my Bottoms Up Upper body. I sort of ran out of gas towards the end. I didn't eat my afternoon snack like I usually do so I think I was running on fumes. But I enjoyed myself! And I found 3 other Joyce DVDs so I'm quite happy!

    ReplyDelete

August 6, 2024

 Two "workouts" today. And by workouts, I mean walks.  The first was one mile during the day. It was lovely, cool out, and the air...