Thursday, July 4, 2024

July 4

Happy Independence Day!

The past week-ish, I forget which day I started, I've been doing a short, one-mile walk every morning. I am NOT a morning person, and it has been difficult for me to get out the door.  I thought it might be a good way to start my day, get needed Vitamin D, sunlight, re-set my circadian rhythm, and just feel good.  And it worked. I've been working on multiple projects, and I've noticed I'm far more productive when I do this.  Just a short 20-minute or so walk, Zone 2 cardio, easy peasy, and it's truly a mood lifter.  I plan to continue.  

I did not walk this morning as hubs had the day off, and I've been in sloth mode. This afternoon we decided to hit the pavement. It was raining.  We leashed up the dogs, put on our rain gear, and headed out.  We walked 1.6 miles, and of course it stopped raining and I was sweating because raincoats are hot and it was humid.  I was feeling super achy today, and was I surprised how that walk made those aches disappear.

I decided to not buy any books this year, and ha ha, I've bought a few.  My recent order was a book about a biblical approach to weight management.  I had joined OA, did meetings everyday on the phone, and loved the intermingling of faith with the focus on weight/food/fitness.  I think that brought me closer to God, which I find surprising because He has always been with me.  Then I got a sponsor.  That lasted all of three days, and I haven't attended a meeting since. Controlling, bossy, judge-y, unsupportive were only a few of the negative attributes she had.  I don't need that in life, and I set hard and firm boundaries.  It was so off-putting to me because she is in all the meetings, and I can't avoid her. That's why I haven't been back, I don't want to get triggered.  We thrive when we lift others up.  I didn't need to be torn down, I was already there.  It was ugly.  As a therapist, it made the hair on my neck stand up.  So I will also continue to read the Big Book on my own, my new book, and go about it on my own, because "ain't nobody got time for that!"


Some memes are old, but never lose their relevance. 

I look forward to reading my new book (it's used and out of print). I hope it can guide me to finish the weight-loss journey.  Yeah, I've lost 80+ pounds.  I pulled a summer bathrobe out of the closet yesterday and I was swimming in it! That made me feel so good. I've been buying new clothes at the thrift and consignment stores in our small town.  Yes, that makes me feel good.  They will make do until I hit my desired weight/size, then I'll invest in new clothes.  I've been hit or miss with fitness, but I've still been far more active than before.  And the biggie, I've reversed my Type 2 diabetes. That's huge. No meds.  I love my food, my very low carb lifestyle, and that's all good...except I'm still a touch above 200 pounds and would like to be 150ish.  I need to make this so.

This, while also doing a major Swedish Death Cleaning project. Hubs has actually jumped in (because I made him) and we've cleaned out our barn (it's a two-level single car garage that is in the shape/color of a barn.)  We went to the dump, we also took 2 truck loads of crap to the city-wide cleanup.  We're working on the garage now.  It's a lot of work, and dependent on him.  I've been working in the house as well.  When that's all finished, it will be time to make household repairs, and then re-paint everything. We also plan on new flooring, most likely plank flooring that we can install ourselves.  Money, time, effort -- work, work, work. Not to mention that somehow I ended up being the person to mow the lawn every week. Ha!  The first time I thought I'd die. I mowed the front and had to come in and rest. I had nothing to give.  I mowed half the back and hubs finished. The next time it got better and he only mowed a little for me. And after that, boom, energy was there and I mow front and back and then I am done. No rest breaks needed.
(I actually really enjoy mowing the lawn, but don't tell HIM that.) 😂
So that's life in a nutshell for now.  

It's all a process.  Two steps forward, and hopefully there won't be one step back anymore.  Future focus for the win.

Go Crush it Again!



1 comment:

  1. Not buy new books? That's not a phrase I will EVER say. Even though my house looks like a small library LOL

    ReplyDelete

August 6, 2024

 Two "workouts" today. And by workouts, I mean walks.  The first was one mile during the day. It was lovely, cool out, and the air...