Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Day 1

Day 1 of 365 Days of Consistent Exercise

Starting Anew

Update:

I've been sickly for awhile, and also highly stressed.  Not good, but today, I'm back at it. Starting from Day 1 again.

Weights:

Joyce Vedral Fat Burning Upper Body

Love this because it's supersetting within body parts, so I'm able to use the appropriate weights for me through each superset.  When she does it between body parts, she uses the same weights for biceps as shoulders.  I go much heavier for biceps than shoulders.  So I think I'll do her "within" workouts for awhile.

I also paused the video a few times so I wasn't rushed.

I did not play this at .8 on my DVD player, but next time I will.  I also did not like the exercise where you lie face down on the bench for back work. She said in the video if you're large busted, you won't like this.  True.  Next time I'll substitute another.  The first time I did this workout, I did the short version. I didn't realize there were two different versions! So this time I did the longer, and that's what I'll do from here on out. 

Cardio/Yin Yoga:

Nothing yet, but I have a short Keoni walk planned for tonight, then some Yin Yoga.

update: No cardio (besides shopping at Walmart!), but I did this lovely yin yoga session. Very relaxing.  I like Devi a lot, but I do prefer music in the practice.  It was a win.



Thoughts:

Feeling very frustrated that I was sickly. At first it was a virus, then it turned into a nasty headache for days. Just when I thought it broke, it came back a few hours later.  I've been doing yoga nidra to relax, which really helped with the headache.  There's no shame in stopping and resting your body when you need to, though. Self care is very important.  Just start up again, consistently.









Crush it!








No comments:

Post a Comment

August 6, 2024

 Two "workouts" today. And by workouts, I mean walks.  The first was one mile during the day. It was lovely, cool out, and the air...