Tuesday, February 20, 2024

February 20, 2024

Today, emotionally, I felt good. In fact, yesterday and today both, I felt better than I have in a VERY long time.  Exercise is known to do that.  I hit 14,000 steps yesterday.  I was productive, got a lot done around the house.  Today I did some food prep, I baked 10 pounds of ground beef into hamburgers, and froze for future.The one thing I do not care for about being keto/carnivore (ketovore?) is that I hate cooking, but it's a requirement. We do not eat out. COVID stopped us going to restaurants, and we got out of the habit. We are both fine with that. Husband goes to Taco Johns twice a month, but I don't eat there.  I really have no desire to eat out. Now if there were a Starbucks in my town, I'd go for coffee. I do go for coffee with friends here sometimes, but the coffee is meh -- I'm going for the friendship. Starbucks, I go for the coffee because I love it. 

Tonight I did not want to walk after dinner.  Just wasn't feeling it.  Then I remembered a cognitive behavioral technique from The Beck Diet Book.  No choice. I have no choice, I must do it.  And with that, I chuckled, and I went and did a 35-minute walk and a 20-minute stretch.

One delightful thing: A couple years ago husband bought me a nice (under $100, but not cheap) pair of wireless headphones that completely cover the ear. I have always loved headphones, but these are awesome.  I lost the charger immediately, so I haven't used them.  I mentioned it in passing, and he gave me a new charger. Wow, are they amazing on the treadmill.  I love many genres of music, and music is my motivator.  Tonight it was Big Band again.  Mostly I like rock 'n roll.  Those earphones are just the best.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to pick up a dumbbell again.  Right now I'm establishing the cardio pattern, and it's time to add to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

August 6, 2024

 Two "workouts" today. And by workouts, I mean walks.  The first was one mile during the day. It was lovely, cool out, and the air...