Thursday, December 7, 2023

Day 4 of 365

 Day 4 of 365 Consistent Daily Workouts 

Mood:

I woke up with an elevated mood.  I had a lot to do today so had to postpone my workout until evening, but I felt a bit perkier today.  It was also 50 degrees out and very sunny.  I am attributing it to exercise, but it could be the sunlight and warmth.  Who knows, glad it was a better day!

Cardio:

None.

Yin Yoga:

None. I did, however, do a very long stretch after my weights workout.

Weights:

Joyce Vedral Fat Burning Workout lower body.  I substituted leg extensions for lunges, and I wore ankle weights. I substituted twisted crunches for the situps. I forgot to put my hands under my butt for the ab work.  

Thoughts:

Okay, ab work:  It's a bear.  I decided I was at home, and to let it rip. I moaned. I did all the reps, but I moaned & groaned, because it was damned hard. But I did it. Not graceful, not anywhere close to perfect, but I did it.  Praising myself for that.  Having my hands under my butt would have helped.  

I came upstairs and asked the husband if he could hear me moaning and he said yes. 🤣 I said it was the abs, apparently I have none.

I'm feeling very positive about this. I could feel my shoulders tingle last night. Not DOMS but tingling, like I used to back in the day when I worked out. It's an awesome feeling.  

This really is boosting my mood.  Sense of accomplishment, getting the kinks out, moving my body, thinking how consistency will show drastic results over time.  Yeah, feeling good.

Fat Burning will be a much-used workout--I love it! I liked it far better than Weight Training Made Easier. I love Joyce still, she makes me laugh, she's positive and supportive.  


In honor of growing up in Denver during the Orange Crush era....CRUSH IT!




1 comment:

  1. Same. And I used to skip them just because. This time I've decided to just do what I can and see what happens. Husband will just have to put up with my groaning!

    ReplyDelete

August 6, 2024

 Two "workouts" today. And by workouts, I mean walks.  The first was one mile during the day. It was lovely, cool out, and the air...