Friday, December 8, 2023

Day 5 of 365

 Day 5 of 365 Consistent Daily Workouts 

Mood:

It was okay.  I slept better but still had to sleep some more after driving the husband to work. That's normal for me, and it's not healthy sleep. If I don't, I'm groggy, and can be a crab. The wind picked up this afternoon, and I hate wind so didn't go with the fam on their walk. I'm okay with that. 🤣

Cardio:

None.

Yin Yoga:

None. I did, however, do a very long stretch after my weights workout. Copy, paste, because same old as yesterday.

Weights:

Joyce Vedral Speedy Non-Stop Fat Meltdown.  After warming up, I started at 7:24 p.m. and I was done at 7:46 and then did a stretch. 22 minutes of pure hell, I tell you.  Seriously, I loved the workout; I loved the format. Giant sets, 12 reps of each exercise, then 10 reps of each exercise, then to the floor for the pure hell part. Giant sets, multiple exercises, 15 reps each, all abs.  OMG, it was so hard!  I made it through the first round. The second round I made it through about 3/4, but I did them all just fewer reps.  The third round I did a few and stopped because my abs were absolutely BURNING. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥Then back to upper body to finish with the lightest weight at 8 reps each.

Whew.  I sweat a lot in that short time, it was good work!

Thoughts:

The burning abs stoked a fire in my soul--I want to be able to do ab work with grace. I'm not aiming for a six-pack, but I'm aiming for grace, strength, and to be able to do the suckers.  So as much as I hate ab work, and gosh I truly do, I'm going to stick to it.  It feels empowering.

This was my first time with this workout, took the shrink wrap off and put it in. I didn't preview, just did. The lifting was a perfect pace for me, but there was no rest, you just went from exercise to exercise. That is why it was so fast.  My upper body feels it.  I liked it and it's wonderful to have a "short" workout that's still a decent workout that will get me where I'm going. 

Joyce is very good at designing workouts.  I feel just as worked out tonight as I did doing upper body work with The FIRM old school.  The simplicity of it all makes it a wonderful change. 

Tomorrow is day 6, and I will do my weights and meet my goal. I will definitely do a long Yin YOGA on Sunday and a cardio workout for sure to attain my day 7 of 365, as it's a rest day from weights, but I'm really feeling boosted, more confident that I will make this a lifetime habit.

That was my hope.  Always have hope.

I've had many people tell me I can't.  I've told myself that, too, but I don't anymore. 

Watch me crush it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

August 6, 2024

 Two "workouts" today. And by workouts, I mean walks.  The first was one mile during the day. It was lovely, cool out, and the air...