Thursday, December 21, 2023

Nothing

Today, no workout.

However, we had a medical appointment out of town the results of which were a HUGE weight off my shoulders. This should decrease my stress greatly, and I feel good knowing hubs is healthy and in good shape.  Whew.

We had a good drive to this appointment, and on the way into the town, I spied a thrift store.  On our way out, hubs got some lunch at Taco John's, I did not eat because ew, carbs and processed food, and when he was done, I hit the thrift store. What a mood lifter, it was the cleanest thrift store I'd ever been in, well organized, and staff was friendly.  I bought a new leather purse for $4, an enamel tray for $3 that matches all my kitchen goodies, a cute photo frame, a new-with-tags whisk for $1 which I'd been meaning to buy at Walmart but keep forgetting, and a religious decoration.

I left feeling so much better emotionally. The stress of my husband's health was huge for me, and that was liberating, and then getting some new goodies (even though I'm halfway through doing a Swedish Death Cleaning project and getting rid of stuff) was delightful.

I'm feeling more grounded, more motivated, and ready to tackle things.  I still had a headache today, but it was not nearly as bad. I also had a bad skin outbreak that is painful, which is annoying but won't preclude me from working out tomorrow, or getting on with things.

So in short, today was excellent because the biggest stressor is gone.  I still don't like December, still have stress every year this month, but it's minor in comparison.

So tomorrow, I shall crush it. Hopefully from here on out, as the stress leaves my body, it will be easier to establish that habit I'm seeking and to start consistently working toward my goals.

Crush it!   

1 comment:

  1. I've got a doctor's appt next week. A little nervous. I've been cheating way to much so I'm sure my blood work will be off. But I'm happy for your husband.

    ReplyDelete

August 6, 2024

 Two "workouts" today. And by workouts, I mean walks.  The first was one mile during the day. It was lovely, cool out, and the air...