Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Overwhelm and This Week's Plan

 

Here is an unfinished time chart of all Joyce Vedral workouts.  I purchased all of them except Just Abs, which I think I will get.

I have issues with overwhelm.  This is a trauma response for me. So I look at my list, and now with all the workouts, I don't know which to do.  Silly, but my reality. 

For the coming week, I've narrowed it down to workouts that are supersets within body parts, meaning doing all arm work at one time, chest work, etc.  I also need to do her DVDs at a slower speed, which thankfully my DVD player allows me to do, because form over speed matters especially when I use higher weights than she does in the workouts.

This week's plan:
Tuesday/Wednesday: Speedy Non-Stop upper/lower
Thursday/Friday: Just Arms/Just Thighs then Just Butt/Just Bra-Roll
Saturday/Sunday: Speedy Non-Stop

Speedy Non-Stop has an excellent, killer ab routine. I don't know the ab work in the Just series. I have always hated ab work, as it was so hard for me. But when I did that "killer" ab routine in Speedy Non-Stop, I felt it for a couple days. And that, to me, was highly empowering!

In the past, I always read that doing ab work daily is the way to go. After research, they now say to rest a day in between, which makes complete sense to me.  So I just may order that Just Abs DVD to use when there's no ab work, and alternate it with The FIRM Lower Body Sculpting, which really helps my low back, hip, glutes region. We'll see.  Starting light for now, just doing the DVDs as they are.

Cardio is free reign. I'm going to try to do 5 minutes a day on the Concept 2 Rower, then build over time. Rowing isn't my thing, so I'll build up to it.  I plan to do an hour a day of "light cardio" meaning walking, either treadmill or video. I also may do an easy Richard Simmons workout.  Gotta love Richard--I was with him from his start back in General Hospital days and I watched his TV show and worked out with him after school.

Keep it easy, decrease the overwhelm, and JUST DO IT! Thank you, Nike, for that great slogan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 6, 2024

 Two "workouts" today. And by workouts, I mean walks.  The first was one mile during the day. It was lovely, cool out, and the air...