Saturday, January 6, 2024

Stoked

 Literally feeling the fire inside me, which was actually just an ember, got stoked big time tonight.  I came alive.

Weights:

Joyce Vedral Cougar Workout

Cardio:

30 minutes on my treadmill

Then a short stretch.

So the amazing thing was, after the weights I needed a finisher. I've been feeling "not done" after all my workouts, but yet I was happy that I'd been doing the workouts so I just basked in that small win/glory.  Tonight, I just felt a "click" and hopped on the treadmill after weights and walked a half hour. 

Now here's the thing, I set it to my normal pace and then realized, "This is too damned slow!"  And I bumped it up considerably.  I sweat, I kept up, got a good Zone 2 workout, and I felt amazing.

When did that happen? How did that happen?  I've got some energy back. Take that, trauma responses!

Consistency for the win. Just keep going. On days you don't feel like it, do it anyway. Because like today for me, the day will come when that light switch is turned on, and that consistency makes it happen, and you will WANT MORE.

Boom!

Crush it! 


2 comments:

  1. What's the cougar workout like? I don't have that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's her last workout. I liked it a lot. It's free on Daily Motion. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7h3bf0 The end is weird, they pat themselves saying ha ha ha. It's totally Joyce's personality. The workout was great, though. LOL

      Delete

August 6, 2024

 Two "workouts" today. And by workouts, I mean walks.  The first was one mile during the day. It was lovely, cool out, and the air...